Friday, July 30, 2010

Still or Sparkling?

Rohaise took us into town for some lunch at Pizza Express soon after we arrived. This would be my first restaurant experience in England. The waiter came to take our drink order. I asked for some water. “Still or Sparkling?”, he said to me. Um, what? I didn’t quite understand what he said. I looked at Eryn with eyes like “I just want some regular water!”. Eryn or Rohaise, I can’t remember, said “Still” and he brought us a big glass bottle of water. I now know that in restaurants here they don’t just bring you glasses of water automatically and keep refilling them, you have to ask for it and pay for it! Lesson learned. (Oh, and when I ordered my Margarita pizza, the waiter thought I wanted the “Hot American” pizza. Wth!)

From Marlow

See more photos here:
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/tmanbeck/Marlow#

No comments:

Post a Comment