Friday, July 30, 2010

Our Arrival

We arrived at London Heathrow at 11:00am. Customs was a breeze to get through, thankfully. We were happily greeted by Rohaise. (She is a niece of some of Eryn’s family’s greatest friends. Eryn has known her since they were young kids.) It was great to see a familiar face in such an unfamiliar place. I was very intrigued when we got in the car and started on our journey back to her house. First of all, Rohaise was driving from the passenger side of the car, pretty weird. I couldn’t stop watching her drive. She was shifting with her left hand and the mirror was angled to the passenger side. “This is so weird!!!”, I said. I couldn’t help but close my eyes at some of the on coming traffic, I swear it looked like they were going to run into us...probably because they were driving on the wrong side of the road! I’m sill not used to it. Just yesterday we watched a car drive past us and I said to Eryn, “Hey look, there’s a baby driving that car!”.

We are staying at Rohaise’s house until we find a place of our own. Her house is in Marlow, which is about 1 1/2 hours outside the city. She is actually staying up North for the summer, so we have her place to ourselves. It is a 2 bedroom house and just a 5 minutes walk from the center of town. Marlow is a very quaint, charming little town right on the River Thames.

From Marlow

This is Rohaise's house, where we are staying.
From Marlow

From Marlow

From Marlow

No comments:

Post a Comment