Thursday, December 23, 2010

Walkinna Winta Wundaland

I want to say right off the bat that I am not totally unaccustomed to snow. I have been snowbaording, and experienced snow fall, participated in snowball fights, all that sort of stuff.

What I am not used to is living in a place where it can snow. It's different to wake up in my home, look out my window, and see my street and all the famliar areas in my neighborhood transformed by the snow. For some reason I found the whole thing really exciting.







Last weekend we had one of the best saturdays ever. We woke up and everything was covered in white fluffy winterness. After a bit of lazy lying around we geared up to go find some food. I recommended that we first stop by the park so we could see what it was like in the current conditions. I was so glad we did.

Snow like we had last week is supposedly quite rare in London and it seemed like anyone in walking distance of the heath was there to enjoy the weather. It was all very fairy tale and picturesque. People were sledding, people were building snowmen, people were frolicing in fields or huddeled around cups of coffee or cocoa and simply enjoying the scenery. The only thing missing was our own sled which would have been awesome, but it was still fun to watch the rest of the crowd. We spent a long time just wandering around and taking it all in.



We then walked to Kalendar for a couple of delicious "Mocha Royales" and a bit of lunch. Finally we walked back home and spent the rest of the evening watching movies and playing board games.

We ended the day with a video skype connection to Mike and Gwen's house for the big annual Secret Santa party. It was pretty late but it was still fun to say hello to our friends at home as they arrived for some hard-core merriment.

-Chips

2 comments:

  1. That first picture of you guys is awesome. Glad you had such a fun day, it was great to talk to you both over the weekend. We miss you out here. Merry Christmas from the Buhrs!

    Gabe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! I wish I could have visited now! Haha. Merry Christmas, guys! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete